Here for the long haul
Every business needs clarity around its direction and priorities whether it is a sole trader or nationwide enterprise. A business without a plan (or blueprint, or roadmap or whatever you like to call it) is a lot like a ship without a rudder. You can have a lot of momentum but you may just go in circles.
A good plan strips away all the noise and helps you make clear choices about how you are going to compete, where you will focus and what your priorities are. Studies show that businesses that fail to plan are less likely to be around in 10 years time. Is your business here for the long haul?
Another feature of a good plan is it continues to evolve. It gets reviewed regularly as the business meets milestones and the market place changes. As a 'one pager' it can be stuck to your wall to help guide day to day decisions (not like a 20 page document hidden away in the bottom draw gathering dust!)
What you get
We will create a one page business plan for your business by:
- Reviewing and setting the direction of the business
- Finding common goals - which is important if you have a number of directors
- Identifying and prioritising your key goals dividing them into Quick Wins vs Key Projects
- Creating strategies to achieve those goals
- Setting time-frames for achieving goals (providing accountability and a template to review actual performance against targets)
- Providing the platform to create financial forecasts
This plan can then be used as a tool to communicate your business goals and vision with your team.
How we do it
Following the completion of pre-work, you’ll attend a four hour planning session covering the following:
- Setting both personal and business goals for the next 12 months
- Formulating an action plan with strategies to support achievement of goals
- Identification of Gross Revenue Targets and Key Performance Indicators
- Identification of opportunities and vulnerabilities in your business that need to be managed
- Establishment of a 90 day Action Plan to address immediate critical issues