How do your leadership skills stack up?
Have you got what does it take to lead a business, team or project?
Our Leadership Quadrants framework is a great way to assess your skills and fill in gaps:
Quadrant 1: Vision – this is about articulating the end point including:
- What the future of the business will look like
- What you need to do to get there
- How those actions are initiated through the business and the team
Quadrant 2: Empowerment – this is about driving the right behaviours
- Providing feedback
- Providing training
- Providing support
- Delegating without abdicating
Quadrant 3: Lead by Example – we all know that your team is more likely to buy in to actions if they are lead by example and not commands
- Be positive
- Inspire – this is far more compelling than instructions
- Fake it till you become it
Quadrant 4: Provide focus
- Clarity of purpose – make sure everyone in the business knows the purpose of the business (which is not to make money – that is an outcome)
- Ensure relevant Key Performance Indicators are in place
- Provide clear expectations
- Have team members define ‘a great day’s work’
When you operate in these four quadrants you leverage the knowledge and energy in the business. It is directed, focused and has purpose.
So what do you need to be working on to lead your business?
For more information on leading and growing your business, contact Kirsty Grant, our business development specialist on 09 407 7177 or by email email@example.com